Thursday, May 6, 2010


So this was my welcome to the road this morning when I left Socorro and headed towards home. It feels wrong to type that sometimes. I haven't really felt "home" at all in IL...

There's a lot of things this picture brings up for me...
A bit of sadness, since leaving Socorro the first time was hard enough, especially to go back somewhere I'm not happy and I don't have anything more than I did in NM...probably more sadness than I want to cop to...but we knew that from "yesterday's" picture...

There's a bit of promise in it too though, because I know that there could be good things on the horizon. These mountains...they've welcomed me home plenty of times. They've been the guide back to places I was happy, and the thing that reminds me just how much I love in that town. People and places.

They remind me I could do amazing things, and they remind me of times when people have shown me amazing things. So if there was confusion, if there was hurt feelings for a minute last night, if there was a sense of loss..maybe there's something else out there?

I hope so.
Because I don't want this to be the last time I see that same picture.

No comments: