Wednesday, March 8, 2017

International Women's Day 1



This was my shirt for International Women's Day... a day which I spent supporting my SO as someone he loved and who I now consider family was having surgery.

I knew immediately that this would be the shirt I wore because when I think about strong women the first place I go is Carrie Fisher, and it still guts me that we lost her.

I feel like I have a whole other post in me for today, so I might go ahead and put that up too, but really...Carrie was Leia, Leia was Carrie, and both of them were extreme badasses who made things better, not just for themselves.

I had and have tons of words about Fisher, but I'm gonna let you read them on Third Coast, because as hard as this was to write right when I found out about Fisher dying, I think that the things I wrote about her I most want to be true about me.

I want to use my voice to help other people find theirs, and I want to use my struggles as strengths and help people who are struggling.

Anyway, here's what I wrote then:

http://thirdcoastreview.com/2016/12/28/on-losing-leia-carrie-fisher-and-her-legacy-live-on/


And I think I will do a part two, in just a few.

No comments: