Monday, June 25, 2012

Steady Hand





I wrote a lot tonight, but it's not all something I feel like sharing.
One thing did occur to me though.

You can't have the confidence you need to have a steady hand until you know that if you drop the tray, it won't be the end of the world.

You need to be sure of what you can do to do it successfully.
And you need to know that you can drop it, you will drop it, and life will go on.  You need to know that sometimes you just can't do it, because it's too much.  And when you realize that, you have to be ok to ask someone to come alongside and help, or you'll never make it.  You won't always need help, but sometimes you can't do without it either.

I need to be ok with dropping the tray.  I need to be ok with asking for help.   I need to believe that I can do it to keep a steady hand.

No comments: