Monday, April 23, 2012

21 Days...

 So Today is Day 21.  I'm counting down because it helps motivate me more.

Day 21 of what, you ask?  Well...rumor has it it takes 3 weeks, or 21 days, to establish a new habit.  I was thinking about this the other day when talking to someone about my hours being cut at work and how I was feeling bad about it because I was feeling...non-productive.  Just...like I'm not doing enough. 

I don't want to feel like that.  And I don't have to.  If I'm not working as much, that's one thing.  I can't control that.  But it does mean I have more time for other things.  I know a large chunk of this could go towards some of the things that have been taking up most of my time lately, and I'm grateful to have that time to give.

But I don't want to stop there. I want to take 21 days and do a little Mind/Body thing.  Namely: I want to make sure I take time to exercise both every day.   So this afternoon I took a 1.74 mile walk on lunch (in case I was busy after work, which worked out because after work I was randomly feeling really nauseous)

And tonight? Well, I'm writing.  My goals are to make sure I make time to take care of my skin/body and to write/photograph every day for the next 21 days.  I don't want to give this up halfway.  I don't want to half-ass it either. I need to do this to prove to myself I can.  And 4 things at once may seem like a lot, but it's really not so much.

I decided it doesn't have to be something giant every day, and on Thursdays I give myself a pass on writing if need be since my mind will be working on music for quite a while Thursday nights...but it needs to be all.21.days.  

I need the change, I need to make time in my life for things like this.   And occasionally, I need to overachieve and make chocolate chip cookies, exercising my cooking/baking passion.

Here's to Day 20 around the bend!
Drool if you must, just don't short your keyboards. :P

No comments: