Sunday, April 29, 2012

Don't Stop the World...

Though it'd be nice to get off for a while.
I don't have a picture today and I don't think I'll type long, we'll see what happens.

I have wonderful people in my life though.

Got in a car accident today on the way home from visiting my brother and my friends.

Hydroplaned into a solid steel horse trailer. 
Cut up and bruised from the seatbelts in a major way, and my shoulder is off the charts painful right now, but no ambulance/hospital...should be ok. Getting the shoulder checked out tomorrow.

The Jeep may not survive this just based on financials.  This makes me insanely sad.
I'm trying to not think about that part too much.  Liability seems like a good idea for old cars but in retrospect it seems unfortunate as hell now.

One thing I can say is that I am glad for the people in my life.  I couldn't get my mom because her phone happened to have been off at the time and I had a full rescue party, one that made everything better.  People that went above and beyond.   And it's been coming in from everywhere. Even the people not on the scene have had warm cups of cocoa and meds and ice packs and well wishes and kind words.

And that's the silver lining.
I didn't do my physical stuff today, and likely it will be kind of on hold for the next few days, but I think in this case, it's gonna have to be ok. At least til the doctor tells me different.

No comments: